We are the leading environmental services provider in North America. We have an empowered team of 44,900 employees dedicated to meeting the needs of our 20 million customers. Our strong balance sheet provides us with strategic flexibility.
- Largest and most diverse asset and customer base
- Unmatched return on invested capital
- Experienced and committed management team and employees
- Fostering a culture of “people first” and innovation
- Providing a differentiated customer experience
- Driving efficiency through technology
- Leveraging the industry-leading asset network to achieve disciplined revenue growth
Financial & Business Profile
- Recession-resilient revenues
- Strong and consistent cash flow to fund balanced return of cash to shareholders
- Strong balance sheet that provides strategic flexibility
Message from our CEO
As the industry leader, we partner with our customers to develop solutions to their ever-changing waste management needs. The critical services that we provide generate recession-resilient revenues that drive strong and consistent cash flow and unmatched return on invested capital. The cash generation capability of our business allows for a healthy balance of investment in the business to continue to provide growth opportunities and cash returned to shareholders.
- James C. Fish Jr.
Strong Financial Performance
Cash Flow from Operations
*These measures are non-GAAP financial measures that management believes can supplement investors’ understanding of operating results. Please see our latest investor presentation for the discussion of these measures and related reconciliations, including adjustments, to GAAP. Operating EBITDA is defined as income from operations before depreciation and amortization.
North American Footprint
Waste Management Strategy for Sustainable Future Growth
|Make WM an employer of choice by being a great place to work and build a career||Delight our customers through a differentiated experience that fuels sustainable competitive advantage||Drive exceptional reputation which underpins ongoing relationship building and positively influences regulations, policies and thought leadership.||Lead in sustainability by preserving and protecting the environment||Deliver strong and predictable long-term financial performance that rewards investors|